20 November 2013

Final CA I Simple Polygon

Modeled a simple character with basic legs to learn the basics of a walk, jump, and turn. Remember, it's all about the weight!


I avoid writing on my blog to keep it less cheesy as possible (even though it's probably cheesy already) but I figured I should share things I've learned to my blog viewers for educational growth and/or personal if applicable so here it goes: This jump was a funny one. I  learned along the way in animation that tweening and counter animating was a big no-no (and me being me equals going for the rules no matter what). So the first draft of this jump consisted of the feet offsetting when pushing up from the ground (a way to break tweening) by having one foot lead the other as the body lifted up and, if I remember correctly, had no lid animation as of yet because counter animation was wrong so there must have been something wrong with the way the lid was parented and I was going to address the problem to the professor. Once I showed the play-blast in class, however, guess what my notes were? Tween the feet on the jump and yes, counter animate the lid because of the rig set up. I was blown away how these golden rules were so easily thrown out the window! So with this simple jump excersice, I have realized that animation rules are but guide lines and though the 12 rules should be kept close to the heart, they should not dictate what animation can or cannot do. So in conclusion, I can't wait to go back to Ringling next semester to bring characters to life and to surprise myself with the intentional and necessary "outlaws" I will have to commit for the sake of better and better animation! God help me with my endeavors. May it not become my pride but bring glory to your Holy name, Amen.


lalaniz jump from Luiza Alaniz on Vimeo.
lalaniz walk from Luiza Alaniz on Vimeo.
lalaniz turn2 from Luiza Alaniz on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Luuuu! Amo seu blog menina... quanto talento numa pessoa só!! Continue assim que vai longe prima!! *-* beijão, saudades, vem logo pra cá!!

    ReplyDelete